Chemical peels are an important part of skin health. As an effective treatment option for most skin types and concerns, they improve tone, texture, fine lines and wrinkles, breakouts and dark spots, but many people are intimidated to go in for their first peel treatment. The fear of leaving with a bright red face that hurts prevents some from experiencing the many benefits of a peel. The post-peel reality is a glowing, healthy complexion. Here’s everything you need to know before your first PCA SKIN chemical peel:
Peeling is exfoliation. When your skin peels or flakes after a treatment your skin is shedding dead or damaged surface cells and revealing new, healthy skin cells on the surface. This action is called cell turnover. Supporting the cell turnover process with chemical peels is what allows the skin to shed dead cells and bring new, fresh skin to the surface, free of signs of aging, sun damage, dirt and debris. The result is glowing skin.
You won’t necessarily experience visible peeling. That doesn’t mean your treatment was ineffective. Everyone experiences different levels of peeling, dependent upon skin type, resilience, type of peel and the number of layers applied. Some people experience ‘sheeting,’ when large portions of the skin peel off at once. Some experience ‘flaking,’ when small pieces of skin peel off, similar to dry, winter skin or mild peeling after a sunburn. Others experience exfoliation that is not visible. If you don’t peel, your skin is still exfoliating. In this case, the exfoliation is happening on a cellular level that can’t be seen by the naked eye. Typically, the deeper the peel you receive, the more extensive peeling you will experience. Talk to your PCA Certified Professional to find out what type of peel is best for your skin.
Peels are easy to work into a busy lifestyle. There is no downtime with PCA SKIN chemical peels — you’ll leave your appointment with a healthy glow and able to carry on with your regular activities. There are steps to ensure that your results are maximized. Following a post-procedure regimen recommended by your PCA Certified Professional following your treatment will enhance your results and keep peeling and redness to a minimum. You should also avoid anything that causes sweating for 48 hours after treatment. Your clinician will give you more detailed instructions after your procedure, catered to your skin’s needs.
Express Peel – 30 minutes
Single Peel | 75
Series of 3 Peels - Save 30 | 195
Full Peel – 60 minutes
Single Peel | 125
Series of 3 Peels - Save 45 | 330
Recommended in a Series of 3 - Done once a month for 3 months.
***Discounts are applied to Series of 3 Peels***
Sensitive / Rosacea
Our sensitive skin peel is formulated as a unique peeling option for all clients, including those with highly sensitive skin. This gentle 6% TCA solution will improve surface texture and brighten the skin while helping to promote an even skin tone. This multi-faceted and skin-brightening treatment is an excellent option for sensitive skin.
Specially formulated to treat maturing skin, this peel is also appropriate for many other skin types, conditions and sensitivities. It will help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while promoting an even skin tone and clear complexion.
The most potent of our enhanced Jessner’s formulas, this peel will even skin tone and provide more exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types. It is also excellent for those with active or cystic acne and asphyxiated skin (dry on the surface, oily underneath), or those who require deeper treatment.
Sun Damage / Pigmentation
This enhanced Jessner’s formula is for those who want an even skin tone. Extremely effective on sun-damaged skin.
The Post-Procedure Solution
This strategically selected collection of products ensures skin stays calm, soothed and hydrated in the days following a professional treatment. Using these products after a treatment reduces chances of any negative reactions and increases visible results. A complete regimen for use post-treatment. Products that properly hydrate and care for skin following professional procedures.
$38.00 - CAN BE PURCHASED AT 50% OFF ON DAY OF PEEL
It is recommended that you take the following into consideration:
• For best results and to reduce the risk of complications, it is recommended that you use PCA SKIN daily care products 10 to 14 days prior to treatment.
• Cannot recieve a peel If you are lactating, pregnant or may be pregnant.
• Do not go to a tanning bed two weeks prior to treatment. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
• It is recommended that extended sun exposure be avoided, especially in the 10 days prior to treatment.
• It is recommended to delay use of tretinoin, Retin-A® , Renova® , Differin® , Tazorac® , Avage® , EpiDuo® , Ziana® and high-percentage AHA and BHA products for approximately five days prior to treatment. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications. PCA SKIN superficial peels result in little to no downtime but create dramatic and visible results. Treatments may cause slight redness, tightness, peeling, flaking or temporary dryness. Most clients find it unnecessary to apply makeup, as the skin will be smooth, dewy and radiant following your treatment. If you would like to apply makeup, allow approximately 15 minutes for the pH of the skin to stabilize before applying foundation.
Post-Procedure skin treatment tips:
For two days post-procedure:
• Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
• Do not put the treated area directly into a hot shower spray.
• Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas.
• Do not go swimming.
• Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
• Do not use loofahs or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
• Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
• Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area.
• After receiving a PCA SKIN® professional treatment, you should not necessarily expect to “peel”. However, light flaking in a few localized areas for several days is typical. Most patients who undergo these treatments have residual redness for approximately one to 12 hours post-procedure.
• As with all peels and treatments, it is recommended that makeup not be applied the day of treatment, as it is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight; however, makeup may be applied 15 minutes after the treatment if desired.
• To minimize side effects and maximize results use the Post-Procedure Solution for three to five days or until flaking has resolved.
• If the skin feels tight, apply ReBalance for normal to oily skin types or Silkcoat® Balm for drier skin types to moisturize as needed. For maximum hydration, you can apply Hydrating Serum under ReBalance or Silkcoat® Balm.
• Moisturizer should be applied at least twice a day, but can be applied more frequently for hydration and to decrease the appearance of flaking.
• It is recommended that other topical, over-the-counter medications or alpha hydroxy acid products not be applied to the skin seven days post-procedure, as they may cause irritation.
• Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. Use Weightless Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 45, Perfecting Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 30, Protecting Hydrator Broad Spectrum SPF 30 or, Hydrator Plus Broad Spectrum SPF 30 or Sheer Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 45 for broad spectrum UV protection.
• Do not go to a tanning bed for at least two weeks post-procedure. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
• Do not pick or pull on any loosening or peeling skin. This could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.
• Do not have electrolysis, facial waxing or use depilatories for approximately five days. Do not have another treatment until your clinician advises you to do so.